Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Limberlost #4: 'you still need to do it'

*see: part 1, part 2, part 3*

I told you about the 6km weekend we had.
the next runs were 3km road.

the boy struggled on his.
i don't know all the details but when they got back from their run he didn't want to talk about it.

he had been pretty tired even before they went out.
but he had been excited to go.
3km... 
"that should be pretty easy."
i'm sure that was in his mind...
it's in my mind when i know i can run farther than that...
however...
it was the first run after the 6km.

and on road.

i know he had to be encouraged to continue.

i went for my 3km and had a horrible run.
i hurt.
i didn't enjoy it.

but i also expect to have a rough run after i have already pushed myself the last one.

i was telling the kids about it later that day.
i was telling how i wanted to quit that run, but i kept pushing myself to complete it.
how my body didn't want to run but my mind knew it could do it.

my boy pipes up.
"even if it is hard, you still need to do it mom."

so true buddy.
if i want to train to run the Limberlost Challenge i need to push through those tough runs.
just as he is doing.

i love running.
seriously.
i hate running on road, 
or indoors...
give me a trail and it's wonderful!
hard
but wonderful.

i wish Arrowhead Provincial Park would re-open
*they close to get the campgrounds all cleaned and ready for the season*
 so that i could go run those trails...

thanks for the encouragement kid.
         

---to be continued..fast forward to June.

No comments:

Post a Comment